How to prepare for Waxing
Shield your skin from harmful UV rays post-treatment
Physical Sunscreen is perfect for daily protection and rich in antioxidants, the innovative sunscreen is reinforced with anti-pollution, anti-infrared, and anti-glycation technologies to shield skin from environmental aggressors. Containing zinc oxide as its natural form of SPF, its also incredibly healing on the skin so perfect for anyone that feels irritated from chemical blockers. Not only is this all skin type friendly its also Coral reef friendly! which means no nasties washing away into the ocean.
What you need to do before arriving for your waxing appointment
- Make sure that the area/s to be waxed are clean
- Make sure you are not taking any oral acne medications (eg. roaccutane), blood-thinning medications or topical/oral cortisone as they make the skin more sensitive and can cause irritation or other complications. *Please check with your doctor if you are unsure whether you should be waxed while on or using a medication.
- Make sure you haven’t recently used products that chemically exfoliate or thin the skin, on the area to be waxed (particularly the face) eg. topical exfoliants/acids/retinols/etc.
- If you have any cuts, bruises, wounds, etc. in the area please let your therapist know
- No sunbathing or sunburn present in the last 24-48 hours
- No contraindications present (check our list)
- Diabetes - loss of sensation
- Varicose veins in the area/s
- Open wounds in the area/s
- Bacterial or viral infection in the area - this includes staph infection, cold sores on the face and/or herpes virus
- Skin cancer in the area/s
- Use of roaccutane in the last 6 months
Shop 7 Eatons Hill Village 640 South Pine Road Eatons Hill QLD 4037